Secure Secure Secure

Post by Texas Cattle C » Thu, 02 Dec 1999 04:00:00

O.k...
So...
Rookie question here...
We are running Red Hat Linux and have setup our DNS box and Web Servers,

All is well.
Now.....We want to be able to run Secure web sites on this system and do
not have the slightest clue as to how to do it.
I have been told I have to find some "hard to get version of Apache"
that supports 128 bit encryption...
Basically...
what do I need to do to be able to host secure web sites.
Buy a site certificate?........Where?
What software do we need.?
Can we do this just using cgi scripts?
Any suggestions ????

Please....if you are able to clarify this whole secure site thing...drop
me an e mail at

I will really appreciate it.....

thanks in advance..

Brian

Secure Secure Secure

Post by Jeff Lon » Fri, 03 Dec 1999 04:00:00

> O.k...
> So...
> Rookie question here...
> We are running Red Hat Linux and have setup our DNS box and Web Servers,

> All is well.
> Now.....We want to be able to run Secure web sites on this system and do
> not have the slightest clue as to how to do it.

I'd check out http://www.modssl.org/ and specifically the INSTALL
documentation at
http://www.modssl.org/source/exp/mod_ssl/pkg.mod_ssl/INSTALL (that is,
if you're running Apache).

Jeff Long

1. secure/non-secure terminal designation

Is there a way to configure AIX so that the user 'root' can only login
directly from specified (secure) terminals?  In the case where a direct
login is not allowed, the 'su' command would have to be used.
In SunOS this can be done with the 'secure' designation (or lack thereof)
in the file /etc/ttytab.

--

     University Computing and Networking Services, Athens, GA 30602-1911

2. x font server error

3. Secure Server -OK, but what about Secure E-Mail?

4. socket prog

5. secure/non-secure msg when viewing webpage

6. AIX 4.1 Sendmail (5.64/4.03) relay fix for spam

7. use of secure and non secure FTP on the sme server

8. linux does not find second cpu on DS20E

9. secure website error: "secure handshake failed"

10. How secure si secure?

11. secure logs of /var/log/secure

12. Secure XTerm and Secure Emacs

13. How secure is secure?