Apache 2.0.46 newbie problem

Post by bmmurr » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 16:07:18

Please help! I am new to apache and know someone has the answer to
this problem. My server is running Redhat 9 and has all available
updates. I have a website setup www.test.com. This test site will
answer to http://test.com and 192.168.1.5 but not to www.test.com. Why
is this and how can I get it to answer to www.test.com?

Thanks,

BM

Apache 2.0.46 newbie problem

Post by Martin Wickma » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 00:22:05

> Please help! I am new to apache and know someone has the answer to
> this problem. My server is running Redhat 9 and has all available
> updates. I have a website setup www.test.com. This test site will
> answer to http://test.com and 192.168.1.5 but not to www.test.com. Why
> is this and how can I get it to answer to www.test.com?

Can you ping www.test.com? If not, then you must set up your DNS and/or
hosts file so 192.168.1.5 is www.test.com as well.

1. Apache newbie - cannot install Apache 2.0.46

I am trying to install Apache 2.0.46 running Solaris 2.8

Whilst inside the directory created during the uncompression of the
tarball file, I ran the command './configure
--prefix=/usr/local/apache2',
this did not show up any problems, if there were, the scrolling up on
screen made it impossible to spot. The last line of the 'configure'
command was 'configure exit 0'

Then I ran the command 'make'
and got the message 'make: not found'

Tried to move to the directory /usr/local/apache2,
'apache2' does not exist.

Had a look at the 'config.log' file (my eyes glazed over at this
point) to see if I could spot anything, needless to say, I did not.

I am doing all this as root

Could anyone please point out my failings.

Any help would be much appreciated

Wilfred

2. newfs

3. Newbie: Having trouble compiling Apache 2.0.46 on Solaris 8

4. Accessing Ethernet packets directly (Or: userland network protocol)

5. Compilation problem with Solaris 7/8/9 and apache 2.0.45 / 2.0.46

6. Linux Frequently Asked Questions with Answers (Part 4 of 6)

7. Problems with Apache 2.0.46

8. X VERY SLOW !

9. Apache 2.0.46 won't start

10. Apache 2.0.46 and Apr 0.9.2

11. installing apache 2.0.46

12. Compling Apache 2.0.46 on Solaris 8 (sparc)

13. Permission denied at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /5.005/Apache/Session/SysVSemaphoreLocker.pm line 46.