REFERER Directive NCSA vs Apache

Post by Ricardo Antun » Thu, 12 Jun 1997 04:00:00

I use to have a referer directive to force people to pass through a
particular page before accessing files in a different directory using
referer allow from http://www.mycompany.com/thisdirectory/file.html
on NCSA 1.5 (even on 1.3 worked)

A developer moved the site to an Apache server and this doesn't work
anymore. I visited apache.org hoping that v1.2 would take care of this
problem, but it appears that nov even 1.2  understands this directive.

I will accept any recommendations, lights at the end of the tunnel,
patches, scripts, etc that can solve this issue.

Thanks,

Ricardo

Post by Michael Donagh » Fri, 13 Jun 1997 04:00:00

> Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 21:27:02 -0700

> Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix
> Subject: REFERER Directive NCSA vs Apache

> I use to have a referer directive to force people to pass through a
> particular page before accessing files in a different directory using
> referer allow from http://www.mycompany.com/thisdirectory/file.html
> on NCSA 1.5 (even on 1.3 worked)

> A developer moved the site to an Apache server and this doesn't work
> anymore. I visited apache.org hoping that v1.2 would take care of this
> problem, but it appears that nov even 1.2  understands this directive.

> I will accept any recommendations, lights at the end of the tunnel,
> patches, scripts, etc that can solve this issue.

> Thanks,

> Ricardo

Ricardo,

  I have never used this before, but check out
http://www.apache.org/dist/contrib/modules/mod_block.c .  It may solve
your problems.

--Michael

1. ncsa referer directive

i'm running ncsa 1.5.2a and i've got the referer allow from directive
working fine in access.conf.  what i want to do, however, is to allow
access from my domain in addition to those that enter through the
referring page.  so, basically, if you are in the domain, you can
bookmark a page and go back to it, but if you are outside the domain
you are redirected to the referrer page.

i can't get it to notice the allow from .my.domain statement, it just
redirects anything that isn't from the referrer.  has anyone else
every tried this?  have you found a solution?

thanks,
ross.

2. diskless - anyone got one working?

3. Referer directive on Apache 1.1.1

4. LILO patch for past 1024 cylinders?

5. Apache Directives: Redirect Conditional on Referer?

6. Any drivers for QIC-80 tape drive (250 MB) in Slackware distribution?

7. Any "referer" directive for Apache?

8. Naming Linux box

9. NCSA-style 'referer allow' in Apache?

10. Q: apache Handler/Action vs. Type -directive

11. Apache Directives AddType vs AddHandler

12. NCSA vs. Apache for changing passwords

13. NCSA httpd vs. Apache