Multiple web sites on a single server

Post by sad » Sat, 17 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Hello -
I work for an educational agency who currently has a AIX 250 machine as
a web server and domain name server.  As common with all educational
agencies, our funding is limited to none and I serve as the "one of one"
internet person from 8:00 to 12:00 P.M each night after my normal work
is done.

Currently our domain is registered with the Internic, however we would
like to add several domains for school districts to our server rather
than assigning them a directory.  I have asked the ISP's but have not
gotten anywhere.

Question #1 - I am sure it can be done, who would I contact to register
this?

Question #2 - What will I need to do on my server to setup the
additional domains?

Any help would be greatly appreciated..
If you could e-mail please as my news access is very limited.  Thanks

Geoff

1. Multiple sites on a single server

I would like to host multiple sites on a single SUN machine and need to
find out which web server supports this the best.  For example, with
Netscape Enterprise, one is forced to run multiple copies of the binary
to support multiple sites.  Is there a web server that can handle
multiple sites running a single binary in memory?

--RB

2. companies using linux?

3. 100-200 or more users hitting a SINGLE SCO SERVER from multiple sites

4. SLIP for Solaris 2.2 ?

5. Multiple default web pages on a single server ????

6. ppp has me scratching my head

7. Traffic routing for Multiple Web & Mail Servers behind a single linux firewall

8. LILO - where DO I put it

9. Please hel--mod_jserv on multiple web servers (single machine)

10. Multiple web sites on Netscape Commerce Server, how to?

11. Multiple-server, heavy-duty web sites

12. Multiple Web Sites on the same server......

13. Linking several web servers for single externel web access