help:how to open a ftp link with a microsoft listing in a browser

help:how to open a ftp link with a microsoft listing in a browser

Post by Mike » Sat, 03 Mar 2001 02:47:37

Dear reader,

Please apologize for my bad English, I am a foreign student in need of help.

I am writing a perl script for a unix server. At one point I would like to
open in a seperate IE5.5 window for a ftp link while at the same time I give
the order to the server to increase the number of hits on that link. This
works perfect. But the listing shown is in 'Unix style'. I found out that if
I do not give the order to increase the hits of that link (no interference
of the server), it works as I would like it...an listing of the server in
microsoft style. The perl script I use is here...

URL=ftp://$link[$field_id{"FTP-server"}]:$link[$field_id{"Port"}]"
target="_blank">

Is this a common know problem, and if so.. how to solve it?
In short: How to bypass the interferance of the unix server to open the ftp
server in microsoft style, while still calling the perl script to increase
the hitrate?

Kind regards

1. Help On FTP VIA HTTP -- Browser does not list ftp directory?

Hi

 Thanks for helping, First fo all.

  My problem is not the ftp server. It works fine under the command
line.

  However, when I try to access the ftp directory via a browser, nothing
from the ftp directory was listed from on the browser. All I see is
"Current Directory is /".

  I read that when a requested directory does not have a index.html, the
httpd will list all the content of the directory. But nothing
happens....

  I tried editing the httpd.conf and added a <Directory> section for
/home/ftp but it does not fix the problem. So I tried adding .htaccess
file under /home/ftp but it also does not work. I concluded that it is
not the problem of httpd. So where is the problem?

  Thanks again for the help.

Patrick

2. Help for RS6000 G40

3. Solution : Bug in Netscape browser 3.x - can not follow ftp link

4. Controlling TTY

5. looking for open source object browser (besides "oo-browser")

6. Announcing DYNDNS.COM

7. LINKS-Browser as Frontend for Automation, was: Embedded Linux Web Browsers

8. Any drivers for UDMA66 harddrives on Solaris x86?

9. Links browser: "ftp port command failed"

10. Browser Question (Plug-ins) m-w.com

11. video/audio plug-ins for Netscape 4.03 browser

12. List of plug-ins for linux/netscape please!

13. Microsoft Declares Open War on Open Source