how to redirect on hostname?

Post by t.. » Sat, 25 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Hey all.  I'm having trouble getting a redirect to work.  What I
want/have is 2 web servers on my private LAN (192.168.1.1 and
192.168.1.2).  I have ONE public ip address, and one domain name
(www.mydomain.com).  The public IP sits on a linksys router. The
linksys router is forwarding port 80 to ONE of my internal web
servers.  What I want to do is have a second hostname
(webaccess.mydomain.com) that goes to my second webserver
(192.168.1.2).  Both hosts (www and webaccess) have been registered and
both point to the one public IP i have.

In my apache config, i have the following to try and get the webaccess
host to redirect to the 2nd webserver:

<VirtualHost webaccess.mydomain.com>
        ServerName webaccess.mydomain.com
        Redirect / http://192.168.1.2
</VirtualHost>

But it simply resolves to my first www server. What am i doing wrong?

thanks
Matt

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. redirecting to different hostname and dropping query string

I have server with one ipaddress that has multiple host names, and
have only one SSL certificate registered to one of the hostnames.
When I receive a request for the domainname.com, without the www, I
want to redirect to the www.domainname.com and drop any URI or Query
String information.  I am currently using the rewrite engine to do
this, but thought there might be a better way.

Does anyone have any suggestions and/or examples?

thank you!

2. Wu-FTPD with Quotas on in Soloris

3. Redirects based on remote hostname?

4. Security Advice Needed

5. Forbid or redirect depending on hostname

6. aioread

7. hostname redirect

8. Linux vs. FreeBSD Device Driver Model

9. Better way to do Apache hostname redirects than this?

10. howto? hostname.domain redirect to http://someplace.blabla

11. redirect hostname alias, netscape?

12. Want NCSA HTTPd to redirect based on hostname..

13. Internal port redirecting based on hostname