Apache verbose his version to everyone on the internet

Apache verbose his version to everyone on the internet

Post by Philippe PAULEA » Sat, 27 Oct 2001 19:56:05

Hello
i would like apache to be quiet about the version number.

By default, Apache gives his version number and PHP version number.
As this is a security risk, i would like to hide this informations to the
internet but i've not found the configuration to use.

Thanks.
Regards.

Post by Timo Vehvil?in » Tue, 30 Oct 2001 19:22:08

> By default, Apache gives his version number and PHP version number.
> As this is a security risk, i would like to hide this informations to the
> internet but i've not found the configuration to use.

Put this in your conf:

ServerTokens prod

--
Timo Vehvil?inen
Internet "kuru" etsii uusia ty?haasteita!

1. Allow everyone in a group to have full access to everyone elses files

This is a basic question but I can't remember how to do it.  I have about 10
users in the same group.  By default, This group can read and execute each
others files.  How do I allow each user to also write to other users, in
that groups, files.  I don't want to give them root access of course!

--
NOSPAM: remove _ to email me.

2. Helix gnome on Solaris 8 - problem

3. Everyone can ping everyone but...

4. Anyone has any problems with Promise HD controllers ?

5. Event Announcement: Internet Global Summit: Global Distruted Intelligence for Everyone

6. Linux web proxy server

7. Gnome 1.0: undefined symbol

8. FS Something for everyone TXT Version

9. Event Announcement: Internet Global Summit: Global Distruted Intelligence for Everyone

10. FS Something for everyone TXT Version Prt 4