POST fails , Limit POST needs 'require' ?

POST fails , Limit POST needs 'require' ?

Post by Peter Apian-Bennewit » Tue, 29 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Dear apachees,
sorry if this is FAQ, but I haven't found it there or in BUGS:
Apache runs fine, except POSTing of forms, which fail with:

'the requested method POST is not allowed for the URL /webmastermail.pl'

Obviously there's a <Limit POST> missing, but adding
        <Directory  /www/ise>
        <Limit POST>
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
        AllowOverride None
        Options None
        #AuthType Basic
        #AuthName WISA-OFO
        #AuthUserFile /usr/local/apache/httpd/conf/WISA-OFO-Passwords
        #require vaild-user
        </Limit>
        </Directory>
works if and only if the 'require' directive is added. I would think
that the above code should allow POST access for all if no 'require'
is given.
I'm quite sure that the directory and other parameters are ok, since
with 'require' I'm asked for user validation. 'webmstermail.pl' resides
in /www/ise .

TIA1e6
Peter

--

 Fraunhofer Institute for Solar Energy Systems, D-79100 Freiburg
 http://www.ise.fhg.de/personal_home_pages/apian/Welcome.html

1. Can't Post News, get "post failed 480 Transfer permission denied"

Aloha,

I have INN running to traffic a few dozen select newsgroups on a personal
machine. I can receive articles from my upstream host and presumably send
them back as well.

However, I cannot post articles via TIN, Netscape etc. When attempting to
post via Tin (remote, rtin), I receive a "441 Posting Failed" at the
interface with a "unix nnrpd[398]: unix.off-road.com post failed 480
Transfer permission denied" in the news log. When attempting to post via
Netscape, I see the 480 error via the Netscape interface and via the log.

nnrp.access covers all machines in the same class C as the news host.
TIN is being run from the same machine that acts as a news host.

I am running INN 1.4 that came with the Slack 3.0 dist, unaltered.

Anyone have clues?

--

    Patrick J. Chicas
 -------------------------

2. pcfg_openfile: unable to check htaccess file

3. form post results won't post locally

4. can't compile apache 1.3.4 on solaris 2.6

5. Does port 443 need to be open to 'POST' to an HTTPS site?

6. Always AL7048

7. tin problem: first posting gives 441:Posting failed

8. Source change question

9. NS Communicator fails to post to NG's

10. Error: post failed Can't send connect request ...

11. Solstice Disk Suite - Replacing a failed disk - Posting only; No response required

12. Can 'require' override 'allow'/'deny' (Apache)

13. All we need -- 3 copies of every friggin' post!