CERN vs NCSA - Which is best?

Post by andrew j muell » Thu, 29 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>We are planning to update our WEB-servers, and wonder which web-server is the
>best all-purpose server. NCSA or CERN? Could anyone please mail me the brief
>pro's and con's, and which one you would recommend us to use?

        NCSA has a server comparrison report. I can't remember the
        URL right now, but it's not too deep in their documents.

        details.

Andrew Mueller                                    MultiMedia Madness Consulting
HyperMedia Programmer                                   Specializing in CGI and
Nationwide Life Insurance Co.                             Web Site development

http://www.nationwide.com/              http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/~amueller

CERN vs NCSA - Which is best?

?
?      NCSA has a server comparrison report. I can't remember the
?      URL right now, but it's not too deep in their documents.

?      details.

See http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu/InformationServers/Performance/V1.4/report.html

Davin.

               Fax:       (716) 645-3464
               WWW:       http://www.cs.buffalo.edu/~milun/

1. Secure Access: CERN vs NCSA

I need to set up a secure access server and am not
sure which software offers the finest grain of access
control CERN or NCSA.  From the documentation I've read
it appears that CERN offers better access control.  But,
I have more experience with NCSA (in an access neutral
setting).  I will need to secure access done to the file
level and might even need to secure the access of cgi scripts.

Any feedback would be welcome!!!

Thank you,

-leslie

2. SMP kernel oops

3. INFO NEEDED: NCSA vs CERN

4. HSG80 SAN problems

5. Cern vs NCSA/Apache, whatever....

6. Help - Read Only File System

7. CERN vs NCSA httpd.

8. Printing Tiff Faxes attached to e-mail using Mozilla 1.0

9. NCSA 1.4 vs. CERN 3.0

10. AddType on CERN Server (vs. NCSA)

11. CERN vs NCSA (what to choose?)

12. CERN vs NCSA (what to