OpenBSD 2.7, Apache and FrontPage 2000 Server Extensions???

OpenBSD 2.7, Apache and FrontPage 2000 Server Extensions???

Post by David R. Li » Sat, 15 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I've been assigned to provide a WWW server with SSL and FrontPage 2000
Server extensions.  I'd like to use OpenBSD 2.7 because it's a very lean
install that is basically pretty secure (that is, I won't have to worry
about something other than the WWW service itself being insecure).  The
problem, of course, is that OpenBSD is not one of the supported platforms
for the FP2K SE package.

Has anyone gotten one of the Linux, FreeBSD, or BSD/OS ports of the FP2K SE
package to work with OpenBSD 2.7.  If you have, would you be willing to
share the config process?

         David

--

Disclaimer: I speak only for myself     | Phone: [+1] 615-343-6164
The 2nd millenium and 20th century do not end before December 31, 2000.

OpenBSD 2.7, Apache and FrontPage 2000 Server Extensions???

Post by Nick K » Sun, 16 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Erm - isn't security the main selling point for OpenBSD over its siblings?

To put frontpage on that is like the slimmer who takes skimmed milk
in her tea, then guzzles an enormous cream bun.  It just doesn't make
sense.

--
Nick Kew

Site Valet - the essential service for anyone with a Website.
Now available at <URL:http://valet.webthing.com/>

Post by David R. Li » Sun, 16 Jul 2000 04:00:00

>Erm - isn't security the main selling point for OpenBSD over its siblings?

>To put frontpage on that is like the slimmer who takes skimmed milk
>in her tea, then guzzles an enormous cream bun.  It just doesn't make
>sense.

I realize that the FP2K SE package provides potential security problems
but the point of providing the service is to provide the FP2K SE package.
The point of using OpenBSD is that, by doing so, I don't have to worry so
much about the security of the *rest* of the system and can focus on
the FP2K SE part.  In addition to being more security conscious in general,
OpenBSD provides a default config that doesn't include a lot of unneeded
cruft.

         David
--

Disclaimer: I speak only for myself     | Phone: [+1] 615-343-6164
The 2nd millenium and 20th century do not end before December 31, 2000.
                http://www.vuse.vanderbilt.edu/~drl

1. FrontPage 2000 Extensions on OpenBSD 3.0 w/included Apache

I'll admit it, I'm not a web designer.  However, FrontPage does a great job
of making me look a bit better than I am.  The problem is that I am looking
for a method of pushing my FP site to my OpenBSD3.0/Apache server and
nothing is really jumping out at me.  I am looking for either feedback
(security holes etc.) and procedures on installing and configuring FP 2000
extensions on OpenBSD or an alternative.  Any feedback would be greatly
appreciated.

2. quick sum of column

3. Apache with FrontPage 2000 Extensions, mod_perl, Apache::ASP, Raven SSL

4. SLIP+Telnet - How to download?

5. Microsoft FrontPage? 2000 Server Extensions for Linux...

6. Efficient 3060 or Virata ATML drivers?

7. FrontPage 2000 Server Extensions Installation Failure

8. Is PPP slow on Linux?

9. frontpage 2000 server extensions problems

10. apache www server with frontpage server extensions

11. FrontPage 2000 extensions

12. cannot install apache after installed frontpage 2000 patch apache

13. Frontpage 2000 Extensions