VirtualHost UserDir in apache 0.8.13?

Post by Bob Thru » Thu, 26 Oct 1995 04:00:00

  I would like to allow web pages from user directories in the main
web domain but disable them in virtual domains hosted by the same
server.

  srm.conf contains:

UserDir web-docs

  httpd.conf contains:

<VirtualHost www.vdomain.com>
DocumentRoot /provider/WWW/groups/vdomain.com
ServerName www.vdomain.com
ErrorLog /provider/WWW/groups/vdomain.com/logs/error_log
TransferLog /provider/WWW/groups/vdomain.com/logs/access_log
UserDir disabled
</VirtualHost>

  I thought the above would disable the UserDir feature in the virtual
domain; however, it does not.  Is this a bug?  A feature?  Or (more
likely), have I overlooked some additional required configuration item?

Thanks, Bob
--

Post by David Robins » Sat, 28 Oct 1995 04:00:00

>  I would like to allow web pages from user directories in the main
>web domain but disable them in virtual domains hosted by the same
>server.

>  srm.conf contains:

>UserDir web-docs

>  httpd.conf contains:

><VirtualHost www.vdomain.com>
>DocumentRoot /provider/WWW/groups/vdomain.com
>ServerName www.vdomain.com
>ErrorLog /provider/WWW/groups/vdomain.com/logs/error_log
>TransferLog /provider/WWW/groups/vdomain.com/logs/access_log
>UserDir disabled
></VirtualHost>

>  I thought the above would disable the UserDir feature in the virtual
>domain; however, it does not.  Is this a bug?  A feature?  Or (more
>likely), have I overlooked some additional required configuration item?

This is a bug, that should be fixed in the next version.

 David Robinson.