User-Authentication using the UNIX-system passwd-file with Apache HTTPd?

User-Authentication using the UNIX-system passwd-file with Apache HTTPd?

Post by Swen Mag » Wed, 05 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Hi there!

Does anybody know about a possibility to use the UNIX-system
passwd-file for user-authentication on a Apache HTTpd?

I know the CERN-server very well now, and like this feature there for
internal use of several HTML-pages.

Is there any module on the net, which satisfies my needs?

Thank you very much in advance for your help

Cheers Swen Mager

1. apache user authentication using /etc/passwd file ?

Hi Folks,

While implementing user authentication for an apache server, I would
like to make use of the unix system's /etc/passwd file for
usernames and passwords. Is it possible to do this with the native
user authentication scheme of apache ?

In other words, I would still have the .htaccess and .htgroups file,
but instead of creating a .htpasswd file, I would like the apache
server to refer to the host system's /etc/password file.

Has anyone done this ? Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Vinay

2. Intel satisFAXtion modem/400

3. User authentication using UNIX password file with Apache

4. Epson Stylus color 800

5. NCSA HTTPd User Authentication From /etc/passwd ?

6. Mounting questions...?

7. Apache/HTTPd User Authentication

8. Using XF86_S3 kills my plain text mode

9. Using /etc/passwd for Apache authentication

10. Apache Authentication to either /etc/passwd or smbpasswd files

11. Using Httpd configuration file to do authentication

12. Apache system user authentication

13. Apache 1.3.3 - DBM User Authentication - Using Groups