Apache proxy to Netscape proxy

Post by Eric Pyl » Sat, 06 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I have a software application that can use a proxy server without username/
password authentication.  My company's proxy server requires username/
password, so this software package doesn't work through Netscape's proxy
server.

Has anyone chained the Apache proxy server through a Netscape proxy
server, while adding a username/password field?  Granted, I would probably
have to have a fixed username and password in the Apache configuration, but
that's not a problem.

Any ideas?  Thanks-

-Eric

--
Eric Pylko                               Phone: (716) 781-9770
Network Engineer                         Fax:   (716) 724-9440

Post by Ron Klatchk » Sat, 06 Feb 1999 04:00:00

> Has anyone chained the Apache proxy server through a Netscape proxy
> server, while adding a username/password field?  Granted, I would probably
> have to have a fixed username and password in the Apache configuration, but
> that's not a problem.

Looking through the source code to mod_proxy, I don't see any code that
currently solves your problem.  If you're willing to hack the Apache C
code, it shouldn't be too hard to add.

The line numbers are based on Apache 1.3.4

Line 340 of modules/proxy/proxy_http.c is a loop that sends out the
necessary headers to the next proxy server (or the final server if this
is the last proxy).  Line 353 then sends the blank line that terminates
the headers.  You should be able to add your own header.

WARNING: the following code is untested.  It assumes you have defined
user and password.

ap_snprintf(buffer, sizeof buffer, "%s:%s", user, password);
ap_bvputs(f, "Proxy-Authorization: Basic ", ap_uuencode(r->pool,
buffer), CRLF, NULL);

Let me know if this works for you.

moo

1. Apache with access control vs proxy (Not apache AS proxy)

Hello,
I have a webserver which should have limited
access from a subnet.
Works fine with an "access from xxx.xxx." directive.
Problem: There are proxies in the subnet.
If someone outside uses a proxy in authorized subnet,
he can access the webserver.

How can I avoid this "feature" if I haven't access
to the setup of the proxy-Server.

Thanks a lot
Stefan

Stefan Huelbrock
Voice (+49/0)7071-2977176, Fax (+49/0)7071-922983
University of Tuebingen, WSI, Computer Architecture
Koestlinstr. 6, D-72074 Tuebingen, Germany

2. Can RedHat 5.1 talk to FAT32?

3. ftp client proxy ms proxy firewall http proxy unix

4. color console???

5. Netscape Proxy 2.0 and reverse proxy

6. how to remove duplines by first column?

7. Apache 1.3b6 Proxy: Remote Proxy Authorization

8. NCR 53C825 WideSCSI Controller...

9. Apache proxy to another proxy?

10. Apache Proxy: Virtual Proxy Server (??)

11. WWW and PROXY auth when using Apache as authetifying reverse-proxy

12. Apache proxy server: how can administrator set all browsers to default to proxy?

13. Apache proxy log, how to split to cache & proxy?