Newbie Question

Post by Marcus Ouime » Wed, 14 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I am a newbie to Apache, I can get around but I don't really know what I am
doing that well yet. Anyways here is my problem:

I have a dedicated server which I did not install the software on. I have
two copies of Apache on the machine (as I installed one with Open SSL and
Mod SSL) My website is up and running and I don't want to*something up
(I can't afford any downtime... well not for more than a few minutes) The
one that is running is in /etc/httpd/conf at least that is where the config
files are ie httpd.conf. The new Apache is in /usr/local/apache/conf What
has to be done to make Apache run in this new directory without screwing
anything up. Or is there a way to install Open SSL and Mod SSL to my old
directory and create a csr?

1. Newbie (I mean REAL NEWBIE) question

Sorry, I'm not a pc idiot, just completely new to linux. I lurked here
for a day or two and didn't see the answer.

Can I run Windows95 in a Linux RedHat 5.2 shell? This would let me play
Linux but still use my favorite apps. I've set it up to dual boot, but I
want to actually run one or two Win95 sessions in Linux itself.

Someone told me it was possible, but in the 4 days of having RedHat on
my system I can't figure it out...

Sorry for the dumb question.

Nick
--

Nick Smeltzer CNE

2. problem with showmount and nfs

3. linux newbie--newbie question follows

4. Can't find in docs bash set -x what in csh

5. Newbie question - mailing list, or web site dealing with newbies security in linux?

6. Server Problems: Connection refused

7. NEWBIE.. Extremely Newbie questions.

8. phone-messaging gateway software?

9. Newbie Questions (ICEWM Background, ppp question, mem > 64mb)

10. sar Question (probably a newbie question)

11. Netscape configuration question; newbie question.

12. Kernel compile question. (another newbie question)

13. Newbie Question - Supported Hardware Question.