Apache proxy and HTTP header

Post by Stefan Recknage » Wed, 11 Apr 2001 21:55:46

Hi,

if I load the headers module and insert this directive

    Header set test testvalue

to my https.conf, a HTTP-Header "test = testvalue" will be added to every
response of the server.

But this works NOT if the Apache works as proxy (with ProxyPass directive).

Why?
Is there a possibility to reach this?

Thanx.

Stefan

NewsGroups Suchen, lesen, schreiben mit http://netnews.web.de

1. apache http proxy - http/1.0 vs http/1.1

Hello,

I have setup an apache proxy, which seems to work fine. But, I found
out that it doesn't not answer back http/1.1 with a http/1.1 response.
The request comes in as 1.1, but the proxy answer back with 1.0. Is
there some special configuration I need to set in httpd.conf for it
to answer with a 1.1 response?

When I send traffic to the backend machine it will answer with a 1.1
response just fine. We are using the same version of apache for both
the proxy and actual backend server.

Any hints as to what I'm missing? Thanks.

-Dan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Embedded systems / FAQ

3. How to add a http header using .htaccess for apache http server under windows environment

4. What is inline?

5. Apache Proxy server that will transform an HTTP request in a HTTPS request

6. TOP

7. Apache Proxy question: HTTP/1.1 -> HTTP/1.0

8. groff 1.16 hangs under RH 7.0

9. proxy https & http request using apache

10. HTTPS, Proxy, & Headers--please clarify

11. Http reverse proxy depending on header fields

12. rewrite rule with proxy, http headers

13. ftp client proxy ms proxy firewall http proxy unix