1. restricted shell/restricting login
A while ago I posted a question about how to restrict logins to our
ultrix systems. Someone sent me a C or shell script which I'm
embarassed to say I've misplaced. I think is was called "syslogin".
Please re-send it to me, whoever you are (were).
Here's the problem I wish to solve:
What I want to do is split the modem pool into 2 numbers - one for
students and one for faculty/staff.
I want to the login procedure to check which terminal server a connection
is coming from. The procedure should then check the account and see if that
account is entitled to connect from that terminal server...if so,
then continue normally, if not then print a message like "Please dial
the number xxx-xxxx".
We have DEC terminal servers (I don't wish to use lat groups) and
I'm certain I'm not re-inventing the wheel here. Any comments, suggestions
and pointers are most welcome.
Thanks in advance...
Trent University Computing & Telecommunications tel: (705)748-1540
Peterborough, Ontario, Canada, K9J 7B8 fax: (705)748-1246
2. gcc error: control reaches end of non-void function..
3. restricted shell or restricted access
4. Touchscreen driver for Fujitsu 3400, 3500, LT P-600
5. restricted shell - not so restrict
6. pls hlp: I can post, but not reply with Knode!
7. rksh shell, how do i stop .profile from loading in restricted shell
8. Linux as a printer server
9. Restricted Shell Script for Free Shell
10. Restricting root connection on HPUX
11. How can a sysadmin restrict outgoing TCP and/or UDP connections?
12. How to restrict use of IP address (alias) on outgoing connection ??
13. Restricting Operations Due To Connection-Type