TransferLog directive question

Post by Tomas Pospise » Wed, 06 Nov 1996 04:00:00

> TransferLog     | httlog.sh

try this:

TransferLog     "| httlog.sh"

:)

                            Tomas Pospisek

             for more info have a look at "http://www.spin.ch/"

1. Apache: TransferLog directive: | to program?

Hi,

I've seen the docs that say:

    TransferLog [...]

    `|' followed by a command
         A program to receive the agent log information on its standard
         input. Note the a new program will not be started for a
         VirtualHost if it inherits the TransferLog from the main
         server.

My question is, is the program started by the pipe held "resident" or is
it started again each time a new entry arrives?

If it is held resident, does it stay that way until the next server
reboot/HUP?

If it does not stick around for multiple entries then can the server get
backlogged with pending log entries?

My problem is that I am looking at logging all requests to a DB.

Dean...K...
--
Dean Karres               | http://www2.southwind.net/~karres

Southwind Internet Access | Programmer / Systems Administrator
Wichita, KS               | <Troll 2nd Class /w Clusters>

2. Can I get 2 diff. IP addresses from a DHCP server?

3. Disable/undo directives in deeper config scopes, here: Action directive

4. 2 (easy?) shell-script questions

5. A <Directory> directive question

6. micq link dead from ports?

7. (newbie. ) listen directive question?

8. Help Clocks for TVGA9200CXr-VLB

9. UserDir Directive Question

10. Apache "Action" Directive Question

11. Question with the Port Directive