Apache <Directory> and/or .htaccess

Post by Bill Ot » Tue, 17 Mar 1998 04:00:00

    Is there a way to restrict access to a directory from certain
domains, but then prompt for authentication from outside of the noted,
'allowed' domains?
   This is for an intranet.  Internally, I want the users automatically
validated to the resources, but for those few that need access on the
road, they could get in, after being authenticated.  Obviously, I can do
either/or, but I haven't found the trick for combining both...
Thanks.

--
Bill

Post by Kurt J. Lanz » Tue, 17 Mar 1998 04:00:00

>     Is there a way to restrict access to a directory from certain
> domains, but then prompt for authentication from outside of the noted,
> 'allowed' domains?
>    This is for an intranet.  Internally, I want the users automatically
> validated to the resources, but for those few that need access on the
> road, they could get in, after being authenticated.  Obviously, I can do
> either/or, but I haven't found the trick for combining both...
> Thanks.

I think you want to check the docs for the "Satisfy" directive. In
particular, "Satisfy any".
--
Kurt J. Lanza