SSI problems in subdirectories

Post by Tim Hewit » Mon, 15 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I am perplexed by what should be a simple problem.

I have enabled SSI processing of .html files on a low volume server, with a
.htaccess file in a specific directory that looks like this:

  Options +Includes
  AddHandler server-parsed .html

The html files in this directory correctly parse server side includes, no
problem. I did not want to bother with .shtml files, as this is a low volume
server and the few files in the directory in question all include at least one
SSI directive.

My problem lies in subdirectories of this directory. No matter what I try, they
ignore the SSI directives completely.

Any idea what I'm missing? I've tried with and without .htaccess files in each
of the subdirectories. There is nothing in the server config files that does
anything special with these directories either as far as I can tell.

I'm perplexed.

-Tim
--
Tim Hewitt