Help: Problems with Enterprise server 2.01 and protected areas

Help: Problems with Enterprise server 2.01 and protected areas

Post by Young S » Fri, 02 May 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

We're experiencing some odd behaviour on our sparc 1000e (2 cpu, 256M RAM,
Solaris 2.5.1 (patched)):

When someone tries to access a password-protected area, and there are
either some frames or graphics in that area, oftimes graphics or content
in the frames will NOT load. In the frames case, the browser replies with
"Document contains No Data". In the graphics case, *some* graphics will
load, others won't...but you can call each image separately and have them
render.

Now, if I move this directory into a non-password-protected area *everything*
is fine!

Netscape support tells me its a problem with the way Solaris handles
network stuff (sic) -- no elaboration.

Sun support says to try the SISS package, but has no idea if this will
help in any way.

Has anyone experienced this problem before? If so, I'd love to hear from you!
:)

Thanks,

        -y

1. Redirection Problem in Netscape Enterprise Server 2.01

I have a problem with Netscape Enterprise Server 2.01.

If I have a URL

http://blahdev/cgi/prog?param1=x

and we use Netscape redirection to redirect blahdev to blahprod
then the parameter is lost i.e. it is translated to

http://blahprod/cgi/prog

Is there any way around this
(to get the parameters transferred as well).??

Thanks,
Greg Toomey.

2. ESS688 Soundchip without tone

3. Performance problems on Netscape Enterprise 2.01 web server

4. Having trouble installing Tomcat

5. Problems with netscape Enterprise server 2.01

6. route command

7. NS Enterprise Server 2.01 to 3.01 upgrade question

8. Continue execution after core dump?

9. NSAPI-crash with Enterprise Server 2.01 on HP-UX

10. NS Enterprise 2.01 > 3.01 server migration

11. Enterprise 2.01 Server Parsed CGI output?

12. Netscape Enterprise Server 2.01 and ASP

13. Netscape Enterprise server 2.01 core dumping on Solaris 2.6