combined_log for Virtuals

Post by Tim William » Tue, 23 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I'm trying to create combined logs (access, referrer and agent) for my
virtual domains on Apache 1.3.2. I'm able to get my main domain to do
it, but can't seem to get the virtuals to work.

Has anyone had success with this?

I appreciate any advice.

Thank you,

--
Tim Williams

combined_log for Virtuals

Post by Jay D Riba » Wed, 24 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I am currently doing this with the following setup:

LogFormat "%v %h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\""
combined

CustomLog /usr/local/apache/var/log/access_log combined

VirtHosts have no log statements, and thus inherit the main webserver's
logging info.   I do a cron job each night which runs a script which:
1. Rotates log files to another directory and restarts Apache
2. Splits the logfiles into its respective virtual hosts, using the
Split-Log program
    included with Apache
3. Gzips and stores the old log files

I am still working on adding additional features to this, such as maybe
doing some
kind of table lookup to see where each virthost's logfiles should be moved
to, and
put them in individual's directories, instead of a central repository.   If
you want
to see what I have so far, please email me directly and I will send you a
copy of
the script.

Jay R.

(Remove FILTER to reply)

Quote:>I'm trying to create combined logs (access, referrer and agent) for my