Error logs in Apache

Post by Stephan Fantasi » Fri, 10 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Hi All,

I know that you can produce all sorts of customized ACCESS logs with
Apache; but is there a simple way to modify the error log?  The NCSA
server includes referer information in the error log.  This can be
useful for tracking down bad links/references.  Apache does not do this.
Why?  Is there an easy way to get referer info included in the error
log?  Thanks.

Regards,

Steve

I've setup a FreeBSD 4.1.1-STABLE box to connect a network to the internet
with natd and ipfw firewall.
I've also setup the FreeBSD box to let teleworkers log in with FTP and
telnet.

Now I would like to log FTP and telnet Log-in's from teleworkers who connect
to the machine from the internet.
I woul like to see the time and IP numer from which users Log-in.

I have looked at the /var/log/messages file but this only shows SU Login's.

All help is greatly appriciated!

Luke

2. Wake Forest Linux Users

3. Apache 1.3.12 access.log logging error

4. 6/6: debug option for pre-wrap jiffies value

5. Strange error messages in Apache error log

6. Multiple displays.

7. strange sh errors in Apache error log

8. Beginner's question on Csh

9. Apache 1.2.3: fopen: Error 0: could not open error log file

10. Aargs error in Apache error log

11. Apache and INS

12. problems with error log and apache 2

13. Apache error log