Netscape ES2.0 search and international characters

Netscape ES2.0 search and international characters

Post by Soren Juul Molle » Wed, 21 Aug 1996 04:00:00

We have the following two problems with the Verity search engine that
comes with Netscape Enterprise Server 2.0:

1) How do we configure the search engine to search on substrings.

2) How do we configure the search engine to handle international
   characters such as the danish ae, oe and aa (that is æ
   &oslash and &aring) in the search expression?
   (I know it can, because there are some sample files demonstrating
    how to implement german and french characters).

Have a good day
  Soren
--
Soren Juul Moller                          Danosi A/S

(+45) 4489 4959                            DK-2750 Ballerup

1. International character sets in Netscape/Aix?

   Does anyone know why cant we use international (swedish) characters
in stock Netscape Communicator 4.x (from ftp.netscape.com) installed in
a stock Ibm Aix 4.3.2 or later? This thing is driving me crazy. And if i
install Ibm Netscape 4.7i, it works dont ask me why. I tried changing
netscape startup scripts, preferences, everything .. no good.

Pedro Rodrigues

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Printing to parallel port on 2.6

3. curses and international characters

4. beating to death...another logfile rotation question for Apache

5. International characters in X

6. ati rage pro lt on my laptop...

7. International characters for *roff ?

8. Help a newbie make a mail server please!!

9. International characters in Lyx?

10. Xfig, eps exports and international characters.

11. Majordomo problem with international characters

12. searching international text

13. International Characters under X