filtering of URLs thru Apache!

Post by Jo » Wed, 30 Jan 2002 20:57:11

Hi Guys,

Could someone please tell me how I can have apache do a slight
fiddling around with my url!

What I want is that whenever there is a request for an html file, it
should be filtered thru a CGI file as in the case below.

Suppose I click on a link which calls say /files/test1.html, can
someone please tell me how I can have apache call the do.cgi file
first before calling this file.

I can't use the redirectmatch business! - because I don't want to
redirect the request but rather just want to modify the existing urls!

Thanks in advance

Joe

Post by adam » Wed, 30 Jan 2002 21:58:49

> Could someone please tell me how I can have apache do a slight
> fiddling around with my url!

> What I want is that whenever there is a request for an html file, it
> should be filtered thru a CGI file as in the case below.

> Suppose I click on a link which calls say /files/test1.html, can
> someone please tell me how I can have apache call the do.cgi file
> first before calling this file.

> I can't use the redirectmatch business! - because I don't want to
> redirect the request but rather just want to modify the existing urls!

Depending on exactly what you want you might be interested in the
AddHandler and Action directives:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_actions.html#action

Or you might be interested in mod_perl or mod_rewrite.  It's not clear
what your do.cgi does and whether it will serve the content to the end
user or you want apache to do that after running your cgi.

--
-adam                 | "Be liberal in what you accept, and
Systems Administrator |  conservative in what you send"

1. Apache mod_rewrite question, url rewrite, url forward

I want to be able to forward or redirect or rewrite how ever it is
called www.abc.com to www.xyz.com/test/ and have www.abc.com remain in
the address bar.  Also when you go to another page on
www.xyz.com/test/doc.html is will state in the address bar
www.abc.com/doc.html . I have looked at the docs for mod_rewrite and
the url forwarding guide but I don't see my request in those docs. If
any one can help I thank you in advanced.

Thanks,

Erik

2. log on to *nix machine with apache SSL

3. I want every URL on my site to go thru one CGI

4. compressed executables revisited

5. Filtering in Apache a la ISAPI filters ?

6. Security & WWW Servers

7. Printing bar codes thru unix lp filter

8. PPPD Mystery

9. vi error filtering text thru command

10. iptables not filtering packets thru bridge

11. OSS lpd for windows or( how to filter print jobs thru windows drivers)

12. Port forwarding to WWW server thru DSL-attached packet filter

13. Proxy and URL filtering