What graphics and web tools should I find for unix webbing?

What graphics and web tools should I find for unix webbing?

Post by Bob Ke » Thu, 15 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I am trying to set up a small unix web server and was wondering what
graphics tools and other web tools I should set up that would be useful
and compliment the apache server?  In particular would probably be
graphics converters and image manipulation tools, and document conversion
tools for things coming from the windoz environment to unix.  I would
be appreciative of any insights as to what others have found useful or
not so useful, and why.

My machine is a FreeBSD machine with the apache 1.3.6 server.
One thing I might need to look at is a scanner and software that
would run on the FreeBSD box.  Any suggestions for that would be
appreciated.

Any good urls to point to might be useful, too.

Thanks

Bob Keys.... (gotta start in geek newbie mode again, since webbing is not
              my forte,.....(:+{{..... yet).

1. What graphics and web tools should I find for unix webbing?

I am running a FreeBSD 3.0 (someday 4.0) apache server, and I was wondering
what set of ports or tools one might want to add to the suite for maximum
flexibility in terms of image conversion and manipulation, and document
conversion and manipulation.  I would be appreciative to find out what
others are using and why.  I am the rank newbie on webbing, but have
run FreeBSD and unix for some years, and have just been defaulted,
voted, or coerced to become the local webperson.  So, I need to fill
out my FreeBSD webbing toolkit.  I am the lone unix folk around here,
so most of what I want to import into apache will be from the windoz
NT environment.  Also, any insights as to what works well in terms of
scanners and scanning software would be of interest.  Any suggestions,
pointers, horror stories, etc., are most welcome.....

Thanks

Bob Keys

2. Java w/ Netscape, Linux, Mac?

3. Web+ : Web to Database Middleware, Web Application Development Tool for Unix

4. scheme for Solaris?

5. COMMERCIAL: TalentSoft Web+ - New Web Development Tool for Linux

6. Simple sed question

7. New Web Application Development Tool: TalentSoft Web+

8. ping reply delay

9. Need web based web site creation tool

10. Graphic WEB Browser for SCO UNIX

11. UNIX TOOLS FOR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR ARCHIVE IS NOW ON THE WEB!

12. Web+ application development & database tool for Linux, Unix, NT available for free evaluation!

13. New UNIX web development tool