Execution of CGI scripts in Apache

Post by Trevo » Tue, 24 Jul 2001 12:24:21

HI,

When testing out a cgi script that is located in a subdirectory under the
docuement root I get the following error: script not found or unable to
stat: /home/webmaster/pub/html/hailix/cgi-bindisplay.cgi. What does stat
mean?

Now the permissions are 755 on the script itself as well as the cgi-bin
subdirectory.  I used perl -c display.cgi to check the perl syntax which
checked out okay.  I did notice that there is not a forward slash between
cgi-bin and the script name of display.cgi.  Why I do not know.

Any help would be appreciated.

Trevor

Post by Dan Whit » Tue, 24 Jul 2001 13:07:27

> HI,

> When testing out a cgi script that is located in a subdirectory under the
> docuement root I get the following error: script not found or unable to
> stat: /home/webmaster/pub/html/hailix/cgi-bindisplay.cgi. What does stat
> mean?

> Now the permissions are 755 on the script itself as well as the cgi-bin
> subdirectory.  I used perl -c display.cgi to check the perl syntax which
> checked out okay.  I did notice that there is not a forward slash between
> cgi-bin and the script name of display.cgi.  Why I do not know.

> Any help would be appreciated.

> Trevor

Make sure that your ScriptAlias directive has a trailing /, e.g.:

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/webmaster/pub/html/haliix/cgi-bin/

1. Apache CGI/Perl script execution problem

I'm not sure if this question is appropriate for this area, but I hope someone
 can help me anyway.

My Apache is not executing any Perl or CGI script properly.  For example, when
 I point a browser to 'http://localhost/cgi-bin/test-cgi' It prints out the
 whole script(like if I was viewing using the 'more test-cgi' command), instead
 of displaying the intended result of the script.

Can someone explain to me as to what is happening?  How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance.

2. monitoring auditd

3. apache setup/enabling execution of cgi scripts

4. Can't deduct msgbuf from physical memeory

5. apache: give /home/mailman/cgi-bin permissions to run cgi-scripts.

6. x86 desktop: got NFS server going?

7. apache: cgi script not in cgi-bin

8. How to define a function like printf in Tru64?

9. Using .cgi/.pl to enable CGI script in Apache

10. CGI script execution in SSL problem

11. CGI script execution problem in SSL

12. Non execution of CGI scripts

13. CGI-Execution with UID/GID of script-owner