Access Problems with Apache-Server

Post by Sam » Wed, 11 Dec 2002 07:22:04

I have installed an apache-server on my pc under windows XP. If I want to
access from another
pc, I can't do that. What is the problem with my apache-server
configuration?

Thanks!

Sam

Post by John Oliv » Wed, 11 Dec 2002 08:33:37

> I have installed an apache-server on my pc under windows XP. If I want to
> access from another
> pc, I can't do that. What is the problem with my apache-server
> configuration?

My car wouldn't start this morning.  What was wrong with it?

--
John Oliver, CCNA                            http://www.john-oliver.net/
Linux/UNIX/network consulting         http://www.john-oliver.net/resume/

Access Problems with Apache-Server

Post by Leo L » Thu, 12 Dec 2002 00:22:34

Quote:> My car wouldn't start this morning.  What was wrong with it?

San Diego traffic?

Regards
L.

--
Leopoldo La Ciura ** System Manager **
Fotoitalia.It** http://fotoitalia.it

Access Problems with Apache-Server

Post by Shay Hug » Thu, 19 Dec 2002 06:26:37

Actually, it could be anything possible.
check out the access log and error log, see if you find something there to
debug the problem
and verify that you can communicate between the two computers (try ICMP)
if your'e behind firewall it might be good to setup some rules (XP has a
built in firewall)
and if your'e behind a router/linux machine define PAT or configure you
ipchains/tables

- Shay Hugi
- Mpthrill.com Software Industries

Quote:> I have installed an apache-server on my pc under windows XP. If I want to
> access from another
> pc, I can't do that. What is the problem with my apache-server
> configuration?

> Thanks!

> Sam

1. "Can't Access Web Page" trying to access Apache Server

I just installed Apache 1.3 and Red Hat Linux 7.1   Initially I could access
the default Apache Web Page from another host.  Now I can't.  I get "Can't
access web page".  I didn't make any changes to httpd.conf and I really
didn't change much so I have no idea what changed to make it stop working.
Any ideas what could be wrong.  It must be something simple.

Thanks for your help.

 Rich

2. Broadcasting to 255.255.255.255

3. Problems trying to restrict access or require authorization for Apache PassProxy proxy server usage

4. NetBSD for PowerPC MacIntosh

5. Netscape 2.0 accessing Apache 1.03 server problems

6. sources of xpdr

7. Apache web server - pdf access problem

8. RST as answer for FIN ?

9. Is it possible to access a server's access log from another server?

10. Sending XML data to Apache web server and capturing this sent data from the Apache server

11. APACHE-server responce problem

12. Problems adding Apache JServ module to Apache Web Server as a Dynamic Shared Object

13. fist access to apache web server slow