Is there a way to limit the number of concurrent connection in Apache???

Is there a way to limit the number of concurrent connection in Apache???

Post by Daniel Pelt » Wed, 26 Feb 2003 06:15:12

Is there a way to limit the number of concurrent connection in Apache by
IP address? I tried mod_throttle (example: ThrottlePolicy Concurrent 2 100s)
but it seams to only limit by bandwidth. I am using Apache Server version:
Apache/1.3.22 (Unix).

thanks,
Dan

Is there a way to limit the number of concurrent connection in Apache???

Post by Redhat7 » Wed, 26 Feb 2003 13:28:43

dnp y? 2003-02-25 05:15

Quote:> Is there a way to limit the number of concurrent connection in Apache by
> IP address? I tried mod_throttle (example: ThrottlePolicy Concurrent 2 100s)
> but it seams to only limit by bandwidth. I am using Apache Server version:
> Apache/1.3.22 (Unix).

> thanks,
> Dan

try this
http://dominia.org/djao/limitipconn.html

1. Apache concurrent connection limiting by user/IP ?

Hello all,

Is there a way to limit concurrent connections in Apache, by e.g. IP
address and/or cookie data?

The problem is that if you serve many big files (e.g. 1-15 MB each),
people usually try to download many of them at once.

This causes extra strain on bandwidth (especially if there isn't too
much of it ;<).  I'd like to have it so that every IP address can
create only 1 (or a defined number) HTTP connection simultaneously.

I checked mod_limit, mod_bandwidth, mod_throttle etc. but all of these
are targeted to solve other problems.

Are there some design problems associated with this kind of feature
(ie. is this kind of limiting even easily possible?) ?  Did I miss
some neat module/feature, which could be used to accomplish this?

There might be a way to create some CGI frontend that'd keep a
database of running sessions, but somehow I think it'd be 1) a dirty
hack (tm) and 2) quite difficult to do properly.

Any ideas/thoughts?

TIA, Regards,

Pekka Savola                    pekkas at netcore dot fi
---
Across the nations the stories spread like spiderweb laid upon spiderweb,
and men and women planned the future, believing they knew truth. They
planned, and the Pattern absorbed their plans, weaving toward the future
foretold.               -- Robert Jordan: The Path of Daggers

2. Trying to port programs; Where is sopen?

3. Limiting number of concurrent sessions

4. Linux and Livingston Pormaster

5. limit the number of connection to apache per virtual host

6. testing

7. Q) How to limit the number of concurrent login session?

8. Where is the PATH variable initially set?

9. Limiting number of Connections to Apache 1.2b?

10. Limit concurrent connections

11. Problem with mod_limitipcon not limiting concurrent connections

12. A way to limit concurrent connections per domain?

13. Number of concurrent PPP connections