NCSA httpd 1.5.1 SSI coredump

Post by Charley Carte » Thu, 25 Apr 1996 04:00:00

My NCSA server is delivering only part of certain HTML docs and dumping
core. The docs in question make heavy use of Server Side Includes,
including nesting (include files which include other files).
The portion that is delivered is correct, but comes to an abrupt end
without any error message in the delivered HTML.

I am using NCSA httpd 1.5.1 under IBM's AIX OS.
My primary includes are enabled using the X-bit hack on the HTML files.
Processing of the included files (*.inc) for deeper includes is enabled
using AddType text/x-server-parsed-html .inc in my httpd/srm.conf file.

This works fine as long as there are not too many total includes
as the server works down through the HTML file. Or at least I think
that it is related to the total number of includes.
Does anyone know what might be making the server abort?

Thanks in advance for any help you may offer!

--
Charley
-------

Performance Support Technologist  Voice: (614)764-0143  x277
Training Department
CMHC Systems                      Web:   http://www.cmhc.com/
570 Metro Place North             FAX:   (614)764-0362
Dublin, OH  43017  USA            Sales: (800)528-9025

1. Limiting SSI, CGI on NCSA httpd

Hi,

I would like to be able to set up NCSA httpd so that SSI and CGI were
available for use on the files owned by me (essentially the server admin)
but was turned off for all files owned by users.

To make this clearer, suppose my web site is sat under the directory
/WWW (i.e. thats the DocumentRoot)
then I would like to make it so that under /WWW the files index.shtml
and index.cgi (for example) do  the right thing, but under a users
directory, say http://machine/~paul/index.cgi, they would have no effect.
I've tried this with the Directory  attribute but turning it on for
/WWW seems to turn it on for all directories.

Any ideas ? And if its "switch to apache" that wouldn't be a problem.

--

Disclaimer: My views are not those of my employer.

2. General....GCC....Slip

3. ??: NCSA HTTPd - SSI Includes Help!!!

4. auto-indexing

5. NCSA httpd 1.5.1 SSI Bug?

6. yet another root command por favor

7. SSI with NCSA HTTPD

8. up2date kernel

9. SSI / NCSA httpd

10. SSI with NCSA httpd 1.4.1 not quite working...

11. SSI And Linux/NCSA httpd

12. NCSA HTTPD Documentation Back (hoohoo.ncsa.uiuc.edu)

13. NCSA HTTPd NCSA/1.5.0a CGI question