setting rotatelogs to rotate at midnight

setting rotatelogs to rotate at midnight

Post by Kevin Low » Fri, 03 Aug 2001 02:13:21

Hi,

I've just got rotatelogs running OK as per the Apache docs:

TransferLog "|rotatelogs /path/to/logs/access_log 86400"

My question is: how can I make this rotate the logs at midnight, instead of
every 24hours from the time I restarted Apache?

Thanks,

Kevin.

setting rotatelogs to rotate at midnight

Post by vkd » Sat, 04 Aug 2001 03:30:08

Quote:> Hi,

> I've just got rotatelogs running OK as per the Apache docs:

> TransferLog "|rotatelogs /path/to/logs/access_log 86400"

> My question is: how can I make this rotate the logs at midnight, instead
of
> every 24hours from the time I restarted Apache?

> Thanks,

> Kevin.

I am not sure you can. Try Cronolog.
http://www.ford-mason.co.uk/resources/cronolog/

1. Apache's rotatelogs rotating files at 19:00 instead of 0:00

Hi,

My apologies if this question does not belong in this group. I
have Apache 1.3.4 running on SuSe Linux 6.0 with a 2.2.9 kernel.
In httpd.conf I use

        TransferLog "|/usr/sbin/rotatelogs /logs/access_log 86400"

After restarting the server at midnight I found out that the access_log
files are getting rotated at 19:00.  Here are a few samples of the rotated
file names:

-rw-r-----   1 root     root      8340462 Nov  6 18:59 access_log.0941846400
-rw-r-----   1 root     root      8324002 Nov  7 18:59 access_log.0941932800
-rw-r-----   1 root     root     18908574 Nov  8 18:59 access_log.0942019200
-rw-r-----   1 root     root     22040007 Nov  9 18:59 access_log.0942105600

I would really like to have the files rotated at midnight.  Is this possible?
Am I doing something wrong?

Any input will be greatly appreciated.  Please reply to the newsgroup or
directly to

Thanks in advance,
Sergey

2. dc295

3. rotatelogs doesn't rotate

4. PPP small home network !

5. Apache 2 - How to set time (hour and minutes) to run rotatelogs script?

6. FS: BLOWOUT: $3+ shipping. Harley Hahn's "Open Computing Unix Unbound" Only 1 case left

7. Video Qs: setting more lines, rotating the display.

8. RedirectMatch

9. Midnight commander settings

10. Midnight Commander on 4-CD Linux/Red Hat set

11. How to set font colors in GNOME Midnight Commander?

12. How do I use rotatelogs with CustomLog?