Apache, httpd.conf, transferLog: Limiting certain files from being logged

Apache, httpd.conf, transferLog: Limiting certain files from being logged

Post by remove=th » Tue, 05 May 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

I installed a html based chat on one of the sites on my web server, and since
the file reloads every few seconds, it creates a really big log file. (100Mb
in 3 weeks) Since I use the log for statistic purpose and I want to limit its
size, I would like to know if it is possible to add in the

<VIRTUALHOST www.website.com>
..
..
</VITUALHOST>

a line where I can tell the server to do not log the file that is reloading
all the time...

Please send me a copy of your answers in my email. I won't miss your message
that way :)

Thanks!

Sebastien Paquette

Please remove the (removethis) before sending an e-mail, it's to avoid bulk
mail.

1. Limiting TransferLog entries on NCSA HTTPd 1.5

I have come up dry in my attempts to find information about limiting those
paths which NCSA HTTPd 1.5 will log to the TransferLog (access_log).

Does anyone know if this is possible?  If so, how?

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
John Littlefield
MCC Membership Services

The views expressed are personal and are not those of MCC, this news server, or anyone else, whether expressed or implied!
------------=><=-------------+----------=><=--------------------=><=----------

 \_\_ \_\_ \_      \_        | MCC Membership Services     512/ 338-3458 phone
  \_ \_  \_ \_      \_       | 3500 West Balcones Ctr.     512/ 338-3898 fax
   \_     \_  \_\_\_  \_\_\_ | Austin,  TX  78759-5398     http://www.mcc.com/
  The Future of Technology!  |          http://www.mcc.com/~littlef/
------------=><=-------------+----------=><=--------------------=><=----------

2. Unicenter security exposure? - logging invalid userids

3. httpd.conf and web log files

4. News about Permedia 2 chips based cards

5. translator from CERN httpd configuration rules to Apache httpd conf?

6. Linux system requirements

7. Test httpd.conf setup - using variables in httpd.conf

8. Linux on an older computer

9. APACHE 1.1.1 httpd.conf and the "httpd -f ..." option

10. APACHE httpd.conf vs. httpsd.conf HELP !!!1

11. Apache .conf vs. NCSA httpd .conf

12. Apache Transferlog Limit GET

13. Apache automatically reloading httpd.conf file?