Apache 1.0, virtual domains quit working!

Apache 1.0, virtual domains quit working!

Post by Bret A. Schuhmach » Fri, 08 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Hi all,

I've been running Apache 0.6.5 for almost 8 months with several virtual
domains using the Linux dummy net driver without problems.  Recently,
due to a problem with virtual domains and image maps, I thought I'd
upgrade to Apache 1.0.

I compiled and configured the new server and I can't get any response
from the virtual domains!  Nothing I've tried will let me access the
virtual domains.  I don't get any error messages or anything... Puzzling.

Question: Is anyone doing virtual domains under Linux with Apache 1.0?
If so, how did you bring up your virtual ethernet devices (I used the
dummy module -- does that still work?).

Thanks for any comments,

Bret

Technical Director, WebNet Technologies          WWW:   http://www.wn.com
Voice/Fax: (214) 821-0848                        Pager: (214) 816-0283

Post by Dave Anders » Sat, 09 Dec 1995 04:00:00

: Question: Is anyone doing virtual domains under Linux with Apache 1.0?
: If so, how did you bring up your virtual ethernet devices (I used the
: dummy module -- does that still work?).

   Works like a charm here using the ifconfig alias kernel patch.  We
have about 40 or so virtual hosts in our hosting file without any
problems.

    -Dave Andersen

--

system administration         Internet services.  (WWW, FTP, email)
http://www.aros.net/          http://www.aros.net/about/virtual/

Apache 1.0, virtual domains quit working!

Post by Jon Lewi » Sun, 10 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Quote:> Question: Is anyone doing virtual domains under Linux with Apache 1.0?
> If so, how did you bring up your virtual ethernet devices (I used the
> dummy module -- does that still work?).

Yes.  We're using Apache 1.0, Linux 1.2.13, and a variation of the dummy
method to do a bunch of virtual servers.  We found no problems with
virtuals in upgrading from 0.8.x to 1.0.

 Jon Lewis                      |  Mime attachments are OK

 http://inorganic5.fdt.net      |  unsolicited huge files.