how do I use the cern ftp proxy with non web ftp clients?

how do I use the cern ftp proxy with non web ftp clients?

Post by sunil gup » Thu, 18 Apr 1996 04:00:00

I have a working cern server which does all the right proxying/caching
when accessed through a web browser client.

I can't however make ordinary ftp clients ( such as ws_ftp, ftptool)
which support proxy servers connect to ftp sites through the cern
proxy.

Am I attempting to use the ftp proxy in a way it wasnt intended to or
is there some technical mumble that I need to understand.
opinions expressed are exclusively  |  Sunil Gupta: software engineer |

or its associated companies.