Coldfusion and RDS

Post by Steven Cardina » Sun, 25 Jul 1999 04:00:00

We've just started using ColdFusion (4.01 I think) on Solaris7 with Apache
1.3.6.  Our developers are on NT 4.0 and are all new to working with Unix of
any variety (I'm only 'slightly' further along in my Unix skills)  Anyway,
their current need is to develop a search engine using the Verity product
included in CF.  They were able to build the ___(I forget their term, but
basically an index).  They now need to connect with ColdFusion Studio .  If
they try the FTP method, they get a dll error (COMCTL32, I think).  When
they try RDS, they get an error regarding insufficient rights to
/CFIDE/(some directory).  As a test, I opened this subdirectory of the
/opt/apache/htdocs directory to be world writeable - no dice.  Further
reading makes me think that the ID they need to specify is the CF Studio
account - the password for which was defined during the installation. BTW,
we are using Basic Security, as we have no LDAP server.  What I can't figure
out is - the properties for the RDS datasource asks for an ID and password.
Do we leave the account blank and just put in the CF Studio password?  I'm
not at work right now to try that - but I'd love to go into work Monday
morning with the answer.

Thanks
Steve