Need compiled htpasswd.exe for Win95

Post by John Mulla » Tue, 01 Sep 1998 04:00:00

I am setting up a closed server using a USERS file.  Everything seems OK
except that I cannot encrypt the passwords in the USERS file.  I have
the source code but no means of compiling the program.

Can somebody send me the compiled version that runs in MSDOS or WIN95
please!

John Mullan

Need compiled htpasswd.exe for Win95

Post by Marc Slemk » Tue, 01 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>I am setting up a closed server using a USERS file.  Everything seems OK
>except that I cannot encrypt the passwords in the USERS file.  I have
>the source code but no means of compiling the program.
>Can somebody send me the compiled version that runs in MSDOS or WIN95
>please!

There is no version of htpasswd for windows because the passwords
are not currently encrypted.

Need compiled htpasswd.exe for Win95

Post by John Mulla » Tue, 01 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> There is no version of htpasswd for windows because the passwords
> are not currently encrypted.

That part is wonderful to know.  However, I still am denied access even though I
use the correct username/password.

Here is the section of access.conf that I use (please note that I use this file to
over-ride and do not use .htaccess files.  If you or anyone knows what is wrong
here, please let me know.

<Directory "d:/apache/webroot">

Options Indexes FollowSymLinks

AllowOverride All

order allow,deny
deny from all

AuthName "Technical Database"
AuthType Basic
AuthUserFile "conf/userlist."
Require valid-user

</Directory>

Post by Marc Slemk » Wed, 02 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>> There is no version of htpasswd for windows because the passwords
>> are not currently encrypted.
>That part is wonderful to know.  However, I still am denied access even though I
>use the correct username/password.
>Here is the section of access.conf that I use (please note that I use this file to
>over-ride and do not use .htaccess files.  If you or anyone knows what is wrong
>here, please let me know.
><Directory "d:/apache/webroot">
>Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
>AllowOverride All
>order allow,deny
>deny from all
>AuthName "Technical Database"
>AuthType Basic
>AuthUserFile "conf/userlist."

What does the error log say?

Is that really the name of your file?  Did you try giving a
full path?

1. htpasswd in Win95 gets screwy encryption

When I use htpasswd in Win 95 I get encrypted passwords that look like
$apr1$E15.....$gDmortrvQaddIk8phRDd81

Our www server is a Unix machine and will not accept the password that
resulted in the above encryption.  Password encryptions created on another
Unix machine are fine.  What is going on?

TIA

John

2. Problems with AMD system

3. possible to generate htpasswd file on win95?

4. SLIP/PPP through telnet or rlogin?

5. (DESPRATE) New guy on the block havin' probs with Lininst.exe and Win95

6. NAT/DHCP/IPFW

7. Problem with Masq, Win95's MPREXE.EXE, & Dial on demand.

8. troubles with internet access and ftping...need help

9. SoundBlaster 32 PNP ctcm.exe and DOS 7.0 (Win95 DOS)

10. Windows binaries for ls.exe, rm.exe, etc.?

11. rawrite.exe - gzip.exe

12. cmd.exe and root.exe in HTTP error files

13. *** htpasswd.c Compile error's on FReeBSD2.1 ***