NEWBIE ALERT--Apache JServ on Solaris 8(x86)

NEWBIE ALERT--Apache JServ on Solaris 8(x86)

Post by mattgilber » Wed, 07 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Has anyone gotten Jserv 1.1.1 to run on Solaris 8? I am having a heck
of a time getting this thing installed. Seems that it ignores
everything in my path. Wont find the C compiler (which is set in the
path), or the JRE and JDK. I'm bald enough, but this thing is making my
hair fall out at a faster rate!! HELP!!!

1. ksh...newbie alert..newbie alert

Hi All:
How would one test for an occurence of a given string within a field?

I use a script to notify network administrators if a print server in their bailiwick is down. If I don'r know the users name, I insert xxxx in a field.

Ex:
# get the network administrator
    cut -d' ' -f3 /home/smartin/device > address.$i

what I want to do is if f3 contains xxxx, then don't stuff the name into address.
TIA any and all comments, suggestions, whatevers.
Sam

2. remote timeouts with slackware kernel 2.0.34

3. redhat newbie: apache jserv installation

4. Terminal Settings

5. Newbie alert: Setting up users with cgi-bin permissions (linux/apache)

6. tipping into linux - single user

7. CGI and Apache (newbie alert!)

8. WD7000 SCSI disk breaks FTAPE

9. newbie alert. apache installation

10. Whither Solaris X86 (was Re: RUMOUR ALERT: Novell dumps UnixWare on SCO)

11. mod_ssl + jserv on Apache Solaris problem

12. Apache & Jserv on Solaris 7

13. Solaris, Apache, JServ - JVM Error