ld.so.1: /opt/bin/apache/httpd: fatal: ... symbol ap_make_sub_pool: referenced symbol not found

ld.so.1: /opt/bin/apache/httpd: fatal: ... symbol ap_make_sub_pool: referenced symbol not found

Post by Vijay Srinivasa » Sat, 27 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Hi Folks,

I posted a request for help to the newsgroup about a week back
but it hasnt elicited any answer. I would like to try again.

My main problem is that I am unable to get modules working.
I am now attempting to get the mod_example.so module working.
While it configures, compiles and installs fine, when I run httpd,
it gives the following error:

# /export/home/apache/bin/apachectl start
Syntax error on line 202 of /export/home/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /export/home/apache/libexec/mod_example.so into server:
 ld.so.1: /export/home/apache/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error:
 file /export/home/apache/libexec/mod_example.so: symbol
 ap_make_sub_pool: referenced symbol not found
/export/home/apache/bin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started
#

What am I doing wrong?  Hope someone can help.

Thanks,
Vijay

1. ld.so.1: fatal: relocation error: symbol not found: bzero: referenced in blah

I'm getting the following error when I attempt to run an application:

ld.so.1: appname: fatal: relocation error: symbol not found: bzero: referenced
in appname
Killed

The app is supposed to be for Solaris 2.X, I'm running 2.4.

My first thought was that all I'd have to do would be to set LD_RUN_PATH to
/usr/ucblib and the system would find libucb.so, but that didn't work.
Neither did moving libucb.so to the same directory as the application.

Suggestions?

James Moore

2. Running X after compiling kernel

3. Problem with Apache + PHP4 DSO : symbol __muldi3: referenced symbol not found

4. Adaptec 1542 SCSI users wanted

5. Problem with Apache/PHP on Solaris only : "symbol __muldi3: referenced symbol not found"

6. Enlightenment

7. Solaris 2.5.1 symbol vsnprintf: referenced symbol not found

8. GLIBC problem

9. symbol cerr: referenced symbol not found

10. ld.so.1: /opt/apache_1.3.22/bin/httpd: fatal:

11. dlopen: fatal error: referenced symbol not found

12. ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors

13. ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors.