Problem executing sound device on server machine and output to sound device

Problem executing sound device on server machine and output to sound device

Post by Davi » Tue, 28 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Error log says: Unable to open sound device
I have a cgi script that will send the name of a wave file to play on
the Apache server machine. I'm not trying to play sound through the the
browser.  I get an error message in the error_log that says "Unable to
open sound device" but when I execute the perl script from the command
line it works fine.  What am I doing wrong? I am using a program called
splay to play the wave file from the console.  I also tried using mpg123
to play an mp3 which works from the console but doesn't work from CGI
form page.  I don't get a error message when playing mpg123 but there is
also no sound.

What is the proper way to execute programs on the server machine and
output on the server machine using PERL/CGI.

I use Apache 1.3.6 with Linux

1. How do I run my stereo sound device as two sound devices???

Hi:

  How can I make two sound devices like /dev/dsp-left and /dev/dsp-right
that
mixes sound data to /dev/dsp0? That is, I can use "play -ddsp-left left.au"
command
to hear left.au from my left speaker and "play -ddsp-right right.au" to send
right.au to
my right speaker, simultaneously?  What I want to do is to drive two
mono-phone
devices through one sound card at the same time.

Any suggestions are welcomed.

2. compare files date time...

3. Sound : Aztech AZT2320 Sound Device PnP

4. Unix Help Wanted Washington, DC Area

5. Linux question: sound devices and multiple sound files

6. problem with termios/terminfo/etc.

7. How can I konw which device is my sound device?

8. Pair of 3com 3c509s in same system.

9. no sound output from play, modules are there, device is there

10. voltex sound card install problem - device busy

11. FreeBSD Sound device problems

12. sound card problem: device or resource busy msg