Print background: prevent

Post by Patrick Cossett » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 03:39:09

I'm running Apache 1.3.26.

When a user prints a web page served by Apache, is there a way to force the
browser to print only the text, not the background?  Does an HTML tag exist
that would do this?

Thank you.

Patrick Cossette
email: pcossette at aei.ca

Print background: prevent

Post by Chris Morri » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 17:35:25

> I'm running Apache 1.3.26.

I assume this is with the security fixes from 1.3.27 back-ported,
otherwise an upgrade is advised.

Quote:> When a user prints a web page served by Apache, is there a way to force the
> browser to print only the text, not the background?  Does an HTML tag exist
> that would do this?

  body {
    background-image: none;
    background-color: #ffffff; /* or whatever is appropriate to the text
                                  colour */
  }
Quote:}

will do it.

Nothing to do with the web server you're running.

Most browsers don't print backgrounds unless explicitly told to by the
user *anyway*, though.

--
Chris

1. Ghost print job prevents printing

RH6.1
Everytime I print, I have to delete the previous job before the new
one is sent to the printer. The "ghost job" always has a size of 0
bytes:

Homer: Warning: no daemon present
Rank   Owner      Job  Files                                 Total
Size
1st    root       106  (standard input)                      0 bytes
JetDirect lpd: no entries

Why doesn't it get deleted automatically? Does it have anything to do
with the "Warning: no daemon present"? ps ax|grep lpd reveals the
following:

26805 ?        S      0:00 lpd

So, there is a deamon running.

Can someone help?

TIA,

Clem.

2. AHA-2920 problem

3. how to prevent prevent .so-calling routine to crash from segfaults in .so

4. Killing Real Audio transmission

5. prevent users from printing binaries

6. new install

7. Preventing Printing of Burst Page

8. QUESTION: Using select() on a regular file

9. How to prevent screen print out

10. WebSphere Application Server 4.0: how to prevent warning messages from being printed on the standard error?

11. Preventing from printing a banner page under Solaris 2.6

12. Printing background images?

13. Kmail prints gray background - fix?