LDAP selective replication ?

Post by Klaus Momberg » Sat, 28 Sep 2002 20:09:09

Hello,

My question is if it would be possible to set up selective replication between
some objectclass on a master and its subclass on a slave directory server.

More precisely, what we have in mind is a master with an object
class "Person" and a slave with a subclass of "Person" and we would like to
replicate the common attributes of both classes. This should include object
construction/destruction (with some reaonable defaults for the objects of the
subclass in case of construction). Objects are created/destroyed only on the master.

Would such a setup be feasible, using e.g. Netscape/iPlanet directory server ?

thanks in advance,

-klaus

1. LDAP replication from MS Exchange to Linux

How can I replicate data that from an MS Exchange Server
trough LDAP to a local Linux LDAP server ?

I have taken a look at slapd and slurpd, but they only allow
slapd-to-slapd replication.

I also need the replication to be initiated from our side, the
slave side, as I cannot control the Exchange Server.

The amount of data on the Exchange Server is fairly small, so it would
not be a problem to download the complete database say every night.

--

S-mail : Laan Copes van Cattenburch 70, 2585 GD The Hague, The Netherlands
Phone  : +31 70 3067373

2. 3com nic problem

3. LDAP: selective accounts on hosts

4. Itanium and Linux

5. SUN LDAP, Netscape LDAP (SUN), OPENLDAP, which one?????

6. Yet another sees the light...

7. LDAP over SSL using OpenLDAP/OpenSSL/Cyrus SASL with Netscape's LDAP server

8. Accessing Internet Through a modem line?

9. NIS v/s LDAP and LDAP compatible to pre-Solaris 8

10. question on ldap/postfix/ease of use for end users regarding ldap

11. Compiling Apache-2.0.35 with LDAP modules (httpd-ldap)

12. LDAP, fnaddr, X.500 to LDAP issues

13. URIs/LDAP/REWRITE -> dispatching request depending on LDAP ATTRIBUTES