Netscape Enterprise Server - Oracle

Post by Alfonso Gonzale » Wed, 13 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Can anybody say me how i make a environment Variabel visible by the web
server.

By example, i want to make a Environment Var. LD_LIBRARY_PATH or
ORACLE_HOME and i want the server recognizes them.

Thanks

1. Netscape Enterprise Server, Livewire and Oracle

Hi All!

I've been tring to use Livewire's dbadmin project to access a remote
Oracle database using the following values:

Database type   :       "ORACLE"
Server Name     :       "wayleavesp1"
User            :       "SYSTEM"
Password        :       <system password>
Database Name   :       "SP1"

So, the Oracle SID for my database is SP1 and it resides on the server
wayleave.  The SQL*Net connect descriptor for this database is
wayleavesp1.

I can ping the database (using the Oracle ping application), so I know
that my PC can connect to the database.  However, I have been unable
to connect to the database using Livewire.

One possible problem is that I am using SQL*Net v2 and not SQL*Net v1,
but Netscape say that the SQL*Net version shouldn't really matter!

If there is anybody out there who could help I would very much
appreciate it, especially as I am working to tight project timescales.

Regards
James Blackwood
Consultant
Logica UK Limited

tel     00 +44 (0)1224 843847
fax     00 +44 (0)1224 632089

The opinions expressed within this document are those
of James Blackwood and are not associated in any way
with his employer Logica UK Limited or any associated
 company.

2. 24bit with CT65550 ?

3. Oracle WRB + Netscape Enterprise server with chroot

4. Can' t login as root via telnet

5. Integrate Solaris ver. of Oracle and Netscape Enterprise Server on 2 Sun Machines

6. installing driver??

7. Open server 5.04 enterprise/Oracle 7.3.3 GUI Server Manager

8. RH5, ext2 problem

9. Netscape NSAPI/Oracle Pro*C on Enterprise 2.0

10. WTS: Suse Linux Enterprise Server 10 and Suse Linux Enterprise Server 9

11. Netscape Enterprise Server - Server Side Includes

12. Netscape Enterprise Server 3.6 + Software Virtual Server

13. Netscape enterprise server and virtual server problems