Error with ServletExex and Apache 1.3.14

Error with ServletExex and Apache 1.3.14

Post by Mark ??;-\ » Wed, 24 Jan 2001 03:47:29

I am upgrading our existing Apache servers to use SSL.  This specific server
was 1.3.12 and I upgraded to 1.3.14.  Now when starting Apache I get the
following error:
Loaded DSO libexec/mod_servletexec.so uses plain Apache 1.3 API, this module
might crash under EAPI! (please recompile it with -DEAPI)

How do I go about recompiling this?  Does this mean Apache needs to be
recompiled, or servletexec?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Mark

Post by Joshua Sliv » Wed, 24 Jan 2001 05:09:49

> I am upgrading our existing Apache servers to use SSL.  This specific server
> was 1.3.12 and I upgraded to 1.3.14.  Now when starting Apache I get the
> following error:
> Loaded DSO libexec/mod_servletexec.so uses plain Apache 1.3 API, this module
> might crash under EAPI! (please recompile it with -DEAPI)
> How do I go about recompiling this?  Does this mean Apache needs to be
> recompiled, or servletexec?  Any help would be appreciated.

The module needs to be recompiled.

When you patch Apache with mod_ssl it changes certain parts of the Apache
API.  Modules need to be recompiled (with -DEAPI) to use the
new API.

--
Joshua Slive

http://slive.ca/

Error with ServletExex and Apache 1.3.14

Post by Mark ??;-\ » Wed, 24 Jan 2001 08:21:34

Quote:> The module needs to be recompiled.

> When you patch Apache with mod_ssl it changes certain parts of the Apache
> API.  Modules need to be recompiled (with -DEAPI) to use the
> new API.

Is this done through an APACI option i.e. ./configure --DEAPI (or something
like that) or does it involve making changes to the Makefiles?  Would you
mind elaborating this in a bit more detail.
Thanks,
-Mark

Post by Alexandr » Wed, 24 Jan 2001 12:48:46

> > The module needs to be recompiled.

> > When you patch Apache with mod_ssl it changes certain parts of the Apache
> > API.  Modules need to be recompiled (with -DEAPI) to use the
> > new API.

> Is this done through an APACI option i.e. ./configure --DEAPI (or something
> like that) or does it involve making changes to the Makefiles?  Would you
> mind elaborating this in a bit more detail.
> Thanks,
> -Mark

Well for Jserv I use
./configure
--enable-EAPI
--with-apxs=/blah blah blah
I don't know what servlet_exec is, but somewhere in the documentation it should
mention something about compiling with ssl. If not do  ./configure --help and
take a look at the options.

Scott

Post by Joshua Sliv » Wed, 24 Jan 2001 14:24:34

>> The module needs to be recompiled.

>> When you patch Apache with mod_ssl it changes certain parts of the Apache
>> API.  Modules need to be recompiled (with -DEAPI) to use the
>> new API.
> Is this done through an APACI option i.e. ./configure --DEAPI (or something
> like that) or does it involve making changes to the Makefiles?  Would you
> mind elaborating this in a bit more detail.

I don't remember the details, but it is something like
CFLAGS="-DEAPI" ./configure ....

--
Joshua Slive

http://slive.ca/

Error with ServletExex and Apache 1.3.14

Post by Mark ??;-\ » Thu, 25 Jan 2001 02:55:57

I did some checking and trying new things and found something that seems to
have worked.  I'll post my solution to the ServletExec problem and see what
you think.  Maybe this will be helpful to someone else.

To resolve this problem I had to recompile Apache adding the following
--enable-rule=SHARED_CORE
--enable-module=so

Once this was recompiled and installed I no longer recieved the error and
all seems to be working correctly.
Thanks everyone for the ideas and support.
-Mark