Virtualhost accepting both http and https

Virtualhost accepting both http and https

Post by Marc » Wed, 26 Mar 2003 19:37:10

Hello,

Is it somehow possible using Apache 1.3.x to have one virtualhost
definition which would accept both http (port 80) and https (port 443)
requests ? Any examples maybe ?

Many thanks

Regards

Virtualhost accepting both http and https

Post by Joachim Ri » Thu, 27 Mar 2003 08:34:21

Quote:> Is it somehow possible using Apache 1.3.x to have one virtualhost
> definition which would accept both http (port 80) and https (port 443)
> requests ? Any examples maybe ?

short answer is no. for an idea why see

http://www.modssl.org/docs/2.8/ssl_reference.html#ToC7

and note that SSLEngine On|Off can only stand in global config or
vhost context, therefore making an ssl in a vhost an either/or
decision.

joachim

1. apache http proxy - http/1.0 vs http/1.1

Hello,

I have setup an apache proxy, which seems to work fine. But, I found
out that it doesn't not answer back http/1.1 with a http/1.1 response.
The request comes in as 1.1, but the proxy answer back with 1.0. Is
there some special configuration I need to set in httpd.conf for it
to answer with a 1.1 response?

When I send traffic to the backend machine it will answer with a 1.1
response just fine. We are using the same version of apache for both
the proxy and actual backend server.

Any hints as to what I'm missing? Thanks.

-Dan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Redhat 7.2 Install With Adaptec 2940UW SCSI

3. http:// does work but https://

4. Help in reading/writing to modem

5. Apache-SSL for both HTTP and HTTPS?

6. realtime Linux

7. http vs https

8. Trying to recover from Hosed system

9. http://site/ forbidden, http://site/index.htm okay

10. HTTP 1.0 or HTTP 1.1

11. HTTP to HTTPS Problem

12. NewbQ : Redirecting http to https for subdirs

13. HTTP redirecting to HTTPS directly in apache 2