HOWTO - Sending encrypted email

Post by Keith Smit » Thu, 25 May 2000 04:00:00

Hi folks:

I would like to have my web server send encrypted email.  I know I could use
PGP, but I would like to use S/MIME so that outlook users can receive the
email. I know that PGP is supported under outlook, but I am already using
S/MIME certs, so I would prefer NOT to have to introduce a new tool and
create new certs.

Are there any UNIX clients which encrypt using S/MIME?

Thanks in advance,
Keith

HOWTO - Sending encrypted email

Post by James J. Lippa » Thu, 25 May 2000 04:00:00

Netscape's Messenger.

Quote:>Hi folks:

--

Unsolicited bulk email charge:   $500/message.   Don't send me any.
PGP Fingerprint: 0C1F FE18 D311 1792 5EA8  43C8 7AD2 B485 DE75 841C

Post by Michael Str?de » Thu, 25 May 2000 04:00:00

> Are there any UNIX clients which encrypt using S/MIME?

Netscape Messenger. Or OpenSSL 0.9.5a for a command-line S/MIME
tool.

Ciao, Michael.

HOWTO - Sending encrypted email

Post by Keith Smit » Fri, 26 May 2000 04:00:00

James:

Can Netscape's messenger be used on the comand line?

Keith

> Netscape's Messenger.

Smith