Apache, Jakarta-Tomcat...

Post by Eric » Tue, 06 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I apologize for the total newbie question...

I've recently added Jakarta-Tomcat to my RedHat/Apache setup, so as to
be able to handle JSP.  Configuration was managable, and I was able to
get things working, but with one major issue:

It seems that Tomcat is only processing JSP files if they are in the
directories that were created as part of the Tomcat install, and I can
not figure out how to enable processing of JSP in my standard Apache
web root directory.

Any comments?  Thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Apache, Jakarta-Tomcat...

Post by Ray Belli » Wed, 07 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> I apologize for the total newbie question...

> I've recently added Jakarta-Tomcat to my RedHat/Apache setup, so as to
> be able to handle JSP.  Configuration was managable, and I was able to
> get things working, but with one major issue:

> It seems that Tomcat is only processing JSP files if they are in the
> directories that were created as part of the Tomcat install, and I can
> not figure out how to enable processing of JSP in my standard Apache
> web root directory.

> Any comments?  Thanks

I have the same problem and I'm *not* a total newbie :-(

I also need to enable JSP's (and Cocoon for .XML) within my users'
directories without having to create individual "web application"
contexts, and without using Tomcat's own HTTP server.

I have this working fine under Apache JServ 1.1.x, but if Tomcat
can't handle the same configuration then I'm afraid for me it's
next to useless :-(

Ray

--
Ray Bellis, MA(Oxon) - Technical Director - community internet plc

Windsor House, 12 High Street, Kidlington, Oxford, OX5 2PJ

fax:  +44 1865 856001     web: http://www.community.net.uk/

Apache, Jakarta-Tomcat...

Post by Eric » Wed, 07 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I actually made the jump to Jakarta-Tomcat after giving up on
configuring JServ / gnuJSP...  I finally got it to stop giving me the
500 error message, but it just gave a blank browser screen whenever I
tried to load a JSP page, and a status code '200' (success) is logged
in access_log  :(

Anyhow, our project is dependent on JSP... so I'm trying to explore all
of the options I have... Tomcat gave me my first succesful excecute of
the JSP files... I just have to figure out how to use them from other
directories.

>> I apologize for the total newbie question...  I've recently added
>> Jakarta-Tomcat to my RedHat/Apache setup, so as to be able to handle
>> JSP. Configuration was managable, and I was able to get things
>> working, but with one major issue:

>> It seems that Tomcat is only processing JSP files if they are in
>> the directories that were created as part of the Tomcat install,
>> and I can not figure out how to enable processing of JSP in my
>> standard Apache web root directory.

>> Any comments?  Thanks
> I have the same problem and I'm *not* a total newbie :-(

> I also need to enable JSP's (and Cocoon for .XML) within my users'
> directories without having to create individual "web application"
> contexts, and without using Tomcat's own HTTP server.

> I have this working fine under Apache JServ 1.1.x, but if Tomcat
> can't handle the same configuration then I'm afraid for me it's
> next to useless :-(

> Ray

> --
> Ray Bellis, MA(Oxon) - Technical Director - community internet plc

> Windsor House, 12 High Street, Kidlington, Oxford, OX5 2PJ

> fax:  +44 1865 856001     web: http://www.community.net.uk/

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Q: apache jakarta-tomcat (mod_jk module)

Hi,

2 question where I need some help:

- Can anyone point me to a documentation for the "mod_jk" module?

  The mod_jk-howto from the jakarta-tomcat-src doesn't describe the
  config directives very good, also the apache website seems to hold
  no info for mod_jk.

- Do I need a handler (which one) to make Apache pass all
  *.jsp pages to the tomcat server?
  or is a "JkMount  *.jsp  ajp12"  enough?

ok one more...
 - why are all config files from tomcat in MS-DOS syntax?  8-/
   [just curious]

tnx for any help in advance

rainer

2. need printcap entry for HP laserjet II

3. ANN: Jakarta Tomcat 4 now in www/jakarta-tomcat

4. AIX and Mirroring

5. jakarta-tomcat logging like access_log file of apache

6. inetd

7. Logs in Jakarta-Tomcat ??

8. hammer: MAP_32BIT

9. Port updated: www/jakarta-tomcat

10. Jakarta-Tomcat 4.1.18 + FreeBSD + linux-sun-jdk14 won't start ...

11. Jakarta-Tomcat in FreeBSD 4.2

12. instructions for jakarta-tomcat ssl installation

13. Tired of manually deleting jakarta-tomcat port...