httpd.conf settings?

Post by Hanma » Fri, 04 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Does anyone have any recommendations on settings for MaxKeepAliveRequests
and MaxClients? The site generates moderate traffic (10000 requests/day)
and the server is a P2 300 MHz w/256 ECC Ram. Any suggestions would be
appreciated.

ApacheNewbie

1. httpd.conf settings for mod_perl and ePerl

Hey,

I'm tuning my httpd.conf file and had some questions about using
mod_perl. In a tutorial it says to add the following to httpd.conf
assuming I put all my scripts in the /perl directory:

  PerlModule Apache::Registry
      <Location /usr/local/apache/htdocs/perl>
            SetHandler perl-script
            PerlHandler Apache::Registry
            Options ExecCGI
            PerlSendHeader On
            allow from all
      </Location>

Does that mean I dont get any of the advantages of mod_perl unless the
scripts are in the perl directory? I also want to be able to run ePerl
(html with internally parsed perl) files from anywhere under my document
root, so here is the directive that defines how the server should handle
my ePerl files:

PerlModule Apache::ePerl
      <Directory /usr/local/apache/htdocs>
            <Files *.iphtml>
                SetHandler perl-script
                PerlHandler Apache::ePerl
            </Files>
      </Directory>

With this current configuration, I can run ePerl files from anywhere
under my document root except the perl directory. My goal is to take
full advantage of mod_perl and also be able to run ePerl files from
anywhere under my document root. I might be way off base here (newbie at
configuring apache) but what would happen if I typed in something like:

PerlModule Apache::Registry
PerlModule Apache::ePerl
    <Directory /usr/local/apache/htdocs>
            SetHandler perl-script
            PerlHandler Apache::Registry
            Options ExecCGI
            PerlSendHeader On
            allow from all
            <Files *.iphtml>
                  SetHandler perl-script
                   PerlHandler Apache::ePerl
            </Files>
    </Directory>

Would it allow me to gain advantages of mod_perl and also run ePerl from
any directory under htdocs? Thanks for any advice!

mike

2. Linux & PS/2's

3. apache httpd.conf setting question

4. new hardware == new install?

5. question about httpd.conf setting (apache)

6. TRADE: my new Solaris 2.2 for SunOS 4.1.3

7. Test httpd.conf setup - using variables in httpd.conf

8. Ultra DMA v. Ordanary IDE Card

9. Can I define srm.conf, access.conf in httpd.conf ?

10. httpd.conf servername overiding virtualhost setting of the same

11. apache httpd.conf servername overiding virtualhost setting of the same?

12. Setting minspareservers and maxspareservers in Apache httpd.conf file

13. redhat-config-httpd doesn't write to httpd.conf