cern patch to try /~bugs if /bugs used?

Post by Mark Hitting » Sat, 15 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Has anybody got a patch (or a cool .conf rule) that will allow a cern
server to try a user directory if a particular entry isn't found?

For example, if someone looked at  http://www.win.net/bugs, and bugs
was not found in the server root, then the server would try
http://www.win.net/~bugs next.

This is getting to be a common request from my user base and I probably
need to whip up a patch for this soon.  On the off chance that somebody
else has already hacked this "send me your patch!".

PS: Is there a common repository of neat cern server patches?

Regards,

Mark Hittinger

--
"This is going to cause more confusion than a mouse in a burlesque show." -
                                                        Foghorn Leghorn.

cern patch to try /~bugs if /bugs used?

Post by Mark Hitting » Sat, 15 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Has anybody got a patch (or a cool .conf rule) that will allow a cern
server to try a user directory if a particular entry isn't found?

For example, if someone looked at  http://www.win.net/bugs, and bugs
was not found in the server root, then the server would try
http://www.win.net/~bugs next.

This is getting to be a common request from my user base and I probably
need to whip up a patch for this soon.  On the off chance that somebody
else has already hacked this "send me your patch!".

PS: Is there a common repository of neat cern server patches?

Regards,

Mark Hittinger

--
"This is going to cause more confusion than a mouse in a burlesque show." -
                                                        Foghorn Leghorn.

1. BUG in ext2 file-system (2.0.33 kernel): tried to extend a file using lseek

There's an optimization in ext2fs where if a block of a file contains
all zeros, then that block is not stored.  This is particularly relevant
in cases where files are extended with lseek --- the intervening space
is intentionally filled with zeros.  Do you think that could be
contributing to the discrepancy?

- Josh

2. DNS HEADACHEs

3. CERN 3.0 'Icons.xbm' babbling bug

4. SECURITY: NFS Vulnerability

5. Bugs in CERN Httpd (Daemon/Implementation/HTDaemon.c) + a fix

6. Lilo Problem

7. A question about the CERN httpd and Linux bug

8. ppp and routing

9. Bug in http_3.0 from CERN under Solaris 2.3

10. Bug(?) with cgi scripts under CERN httpd

11. CERN httpd identd bug identified

12. Bug in CERN httpd v 3.0A on HP-UX ver 10 ?

13. CERN BUG with Map Rule ?