403 Forbidden for all files --help

Post by Ryan Faric » Thu, 22 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Have you chmod 755 your files?

If you want to do an entire directory and it's subdirectories, use chmod
755 -R -- but only do this with your public web files (not home directories,
etc).

Quote:> Hi,

Post by Harn Weng Cheon » Fri, 23 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I just installed RedHat 6.2 which include Apache 1.3.12, httpd started
fine but when I try to browse to my web site I go this error
"Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server"
I tried to use chmod a+r command but still the same, even I typed in the
full URL with /index.html it still return with Forbidden .....

Please help

1. Apache 1.3.19 return 403 Forbidden on PDF file

I run Apache 1.3.19 on RedHat Linux 6.2.  When I access a pdf file
from http://myserver.com/mydoc.pdf it works fine, but if I move the
document to sub-direcotry Members and access it as
http://myserver.com/Members/mydoc.pdf, it returns 403 forbidden.

The permission+ownership for htdocs amd Members directory are the
same.  The permission of the pdf file is the same too.  And i don't
think it's a problem with the mime.types, because it works fine under
htdocs directory.

my dir structure is

..../myserver.com/htdocs
..../myserver.com/htdocs/Members
..../myserver.com/cgi-bin
..../myserver.com/logs

the .cgi, .pl, .html. .shtml script works fine in any directory.

anyone has a clue?

2. Help getting a processes memory size

3. Q: why 403 "Forbidden" -> reload helped

4. -=Boot Separate Linux Partitions Using Lilo=-

5. Need Domain name help--I get HTML/1.0 403 Forbidden when accesing flightsimcanada.com

6. Where to put startup commands

7. Please help! 403 Forbidden error

8. link libraries statically/dynamically

9. [Fwd: Please Help : Error --> 403 Forbidden .....]

10. Help: Access denied with 403 Forbidden!!

11. 403 Forbidden you don't have access to / on this server.....

12. 403 forbidden error with apache when symlinking to different partition

13. Forbidden 403 Error