ANNOUNCE: wload 0.04 - curses-based multithreaded load tester (alpha)

ANNOUNCE: wload 0.04 - curses-based multithreaded load tester (alpha)

Post by jason moor » Wed, 03 Mar 1999 04:00:00

wload 0.04 is a curses-based multithreaded load tester.

It has only been tested on linux (2.x) and requires either glibc2/libc6
(or you might have luck with libc5 and the linux threads package.)

This is alpha code -- it certainly works, but there are a few features
that I would like still like to add.  It is being released under the GPL
and I would like to get feedback.  Comments on features, bugs, autoconf
problems, portability issues are welcome.

Even if you just get it to compile and run without any problems, I'd
like to hear about that too!

http://www.sober.com/wload/

Enjoy,

:jason

[...]

1. NetKit 0.04-B & new kernels (1.1.39 +)

I've noticed that when I install the NetKit 0.04 (to get the YP domainname
fixes) with newer Linux kernels, that I get strange permission problems.
These come in the form of no one being able to log in.  They get messages
like "cannot change directory to: /home/user: permission denied" and the
same thing for exececuting the shell.

Is this a misconfiguration?  I had the NetKit 0.04-B things working with
Linux 1.1.37 and before just fine.

Thanks

--
%>- Baba Z Buehler
%>- Beckman Institute Systems Services, Urbana Illinois

2. Can't get subdirectories in SAMBA

3. Linux Joystick Mini HowTo Version 0.04

4. How do I log onto ver. 6.0?

5. pppcosts 0.04 - phone cost calculation for ppp dialup

6. Linux PPP help

7. tob 0.04 -- Tape oriented backup, with important bugfix

8. RFE: extensions to speckeysd

9. Announcing a curses based disk partitioning program... cfdisk

10. curses-based sound-file editor ?

11. Curses-based file browser for users ?

12. rexima 1.3 - curses-based (and command-line) mixer

13. Exiting Curses-based application