Referer directive on Apache 1.1.1

Post by WHIRLYCOT » Sat, 07 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Hey kids...
I'm an old NCSA httpd user, and I'm switching over to Apache since it
seems to offer much more functionality... except for:

I can't seem to find anything about the Referer directive that's
supported on the NCSA software.  The purpose of the referer directive is
to force users to enter a document from a specified path, instead of
jumping in at random (see
http://hoohoo.ncsa.uiuc.edu/docs/setup/access/referer.html).

Is there any way to replicate this functionality w/ Apache 1.1.1?

Danke,
pj

1. REFERER Directive NCSA vs Apache

I use to have a referer directive to force people to pass through a
particular page before accessing files in a different directory using
referer allow from http://www.mycompany.com/thisdirectory/file.html
on NCSA 1.5 (even on 1.3 worked)

A developer moved the site to an Apache server and this doesn't work
anymore. I visited apache.org hoping that v1.2 would take care of this
problem, but it appears that nov even 1.2  understands this directive.

I will accept any recommendations, lights at the end of the tunnel,
patches, scripts, etc that can solve this issue.

Thanks,

Ricardo

2. Mount NTFS

3. Apache Directives: Redirect Conditional on Referer?

4. Solaris 10 pam.conf for LDAP authentication

5. Any "referer" directive for Apache?

6. Getting 132 column display with vidi

7. ncsa referer directive

8. Kernel Panic while installing RH 7.2

9. Referer, Apache 1.3.9 and Redhat 6.1

10. Apache: "Referer:" in CGI binaries?

11. Apache log only Referer from my own sites

12. Apache: way to pretend HTTP-Referer?

13. Apache - Referer/Agent barfed